Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday meltdown: Mom Exhibit


Girl. Let me tell you.

I. am. pooped.

I've got one of those haven't-slept-well-in-nights headaches and my shoulders are so heavy. For the past 2 days, I've wanted to post about a million different things.

But, then I remember the whites that have been soaking in the washer for 2 days when it was only supposed to be over night, the dishwasher that has sat 1/2 full and the dirty ones in the sink I could just throw in real quick to get it started, the vacuum I need to pick up from the repair shop (30 min away) so I can finally clear the carpet of the 3-week-old food chunks, the gifts I still need to make for Christmas, the wrapping (ooohhh the wrapping—worst part, right?), the car that we still can't drive because it needs to go to the shop (it's been sitting in the driveway for close to 3 months), the realization that the kids have no clean winter clothes as of 4 days ago.

Tis the season.

It's too much to think about. So, sorry—it felt like too much for me to take a pic of the house, hook up the camera to the computer, download pics, edit lighting in Photoshop, save the image and upload to blogger. Just look back at other Mom Exhibit posts. Nothing's changed.

4 comments:

  1. I know, it's crazy! I love this season but it can be overwhelming too. Hope you have a great, relaxing Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing my song, soul sister!

    Yeah and the cookie dough making explosion in the kitchen too.

    sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this series. You are brilliant. There are so many blogs that make everything look all peachy and perfect and I think that is rare, or maybe the kids suffer for it. Congrats on being a real mom and for doing all you do! And just so you know... my son is 15 and I'm divorced so probably won't have any more and I TOTALLY miss the mess. Weelll, not the mess so much, because my house is still messy in a different way, but I SO miss having a little one around even with all the exhaustion and craziness it brings! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete