Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Let's Talk: Removing baby stains

Becky,

How can I remove stains from my baby's clothes? I don't exactly know what the stains are. Some are just general food and spit-up. The ones I am having the most problem with are from Grandma's and I have no clue what they are. I'm guessing dirt and other food particles from crawling around on their floor. Can you help?!?


Amber


Amber,

You know I got this one! Fill a bucket or sink with hot water. Add 1/2 scoop (or more) of OxiClean. Is it obvious I never measure anything? Dissolve the powder. Add clothes and let soak for at least a day. Check the stains. If they're still visible, dump out the old water and refill with clean hot water and fresh scoop of OxiClean. Continue until the stains are gone. They will lift. If they don't I'll give you a candy bar.

I did this to remove mildew from one of my daughter's shirts here. It took about four days for the stain to completely disappear. The thing I love about OxiClean is that it's safe for colors and actually works. So, make sure you don't cut corners. Get the name-brand OxiClean. I will mention, though, that if the articles of clothes are bright or dark colors and have never been laundered, the colors may bleed into the water a bit. So, I probably wouldn't soak them with white the first time.

Good luck and let me know how it goes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment