Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grass-stained shoes

So, Steve Jobs just passed away. Glad I could announce that. Though I wasn't surprised, I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I was seriously so sad. I felt like I'd lost a close uncle, which is strange because we've never met. But, I really look up to the guy!

I didn't know how to express why I liked him so much. But, then my husband read me this article written so eloquently by a guy named John Gruber. Regarding Jobs and his surprisingly stained New Balances, he writes, "Why wear this grass-stained pair for the keynote, a rare and immeasurably high-profile public appearance? My guess: he didn’t notice, didn’t care." This was an ah-ha moment for me. Take a moment to read the full article here.
Image source: http://www.gadgetteaser.com/2010/02/27/amazon-tries-to-stay-competitive-with-apple-will-need-a-new-device/

0 comments:

Post a Comment