Friday, February 22, 2013

When good ideas punch me in the face.


The kids get in the pantry. They scale the walls, stuffing their fat cheeks with crackers, raisins and nuts while I slave over dinner at the hot stove. And then they don't eat their dinner. And it drives me crazy. And it has to stop.

Enter: Shower-curtain rod.


Pure genius. Not so easy to install & remove. But, in a pinch it does the job. Until I decide to whip open the pantry door in search of...

WHAM!

I'm lying on the floor holding my throbbing face. I look up. The pantry is open. The shower-curtain rod is lying next to me. Dang it! I'm such a freakin' idiot! Who does that?! And then I cry.

Lesson: Don't try to keep kids out of the pantry. Karma.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing. I hope your face heals soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. It hit me square between the eyes. If I can make one person laugh, I've done my job for the day!

      Delete
  2. Oh man. I do things like this. Though I don't think I've been literally punched in the face by them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gotta say, if all your kids are snacking on are crackers, raisins, and nuts...you're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that two people laugh. That is the only reason I haven't put latches on our pantry doors. I know I would forget they are there and have an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo dang funny!! I mean its not...but it is. I thought it was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe painting said rod neon orange would help you remember....not that it would look pretty.But it would save your face C;

    ReplyDelete